JE Honeycomb M&S 22

Honeycomb Chardonnay

Clear and bright, straw with a hint of green. The wine shows delicate initial citrus fruit and orange blossom characteristics with some hints of white peach. This is a fruit forward wine with a smooth pallet and zesty, slight mineral finish.

Technical Notes

The grapes were handpicked from 3 different areas before being brought to the cellar. Blocks were picked at 22 to 24 Balling to ensure a wide spectrum of flavours in the final wine. All bunches were hand sorted and then transferred (50 % whole bunch pressed and 50 % de-stemmed) to the press which separates the juice from the skins. Only free run juice was used to produce this wine which was enzymatically settled before being moved for fermentation. 30% of the total blend was fermented from indigenous yeast strains with the other 70% being inoculated fermentations. Fermentation lasted between 18 and 25 days before the wine is subjected to a 6-month barrel maturation added structure. Before bottling the wine is only fined and filtered.